• What does this means to us?
• What is the current status of cybersecurity in Nepal?
• Are we aware of the threats from Internet?
• What about exposure of internet on children!
Well, internet users must have noticed pop-ups, advertisements, filling up forms to download something, etc most of the time when they visit websites. Have they ever noticed that they left their footprints when they visit a website. Most of the websites logs our IP address. So from next time beware of this and there are some simple Do's and Don'ts.
Practice the following methods to secure your computer:
- Install a firewall and keep it properly configured
- Install Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware software, and keep it up to date
- Regularly install updates for your computer’s operating system
- Regularly install patches for your software
- Keep an eye on your children and on their web browsing habits
- Take precautions to secure your mobile devices
- Report Internet Crimes to the Proper Authorities
- open unexpected emails and reply to it, or provide personal or financial data over email and Internet. Easy money simply does not exist.
- download attachments or click on links in unsolicited emails or Instant Messages
- click on pop ups and other links in the webpage without verifying those links are genuine and can be trusted
- ever reveal your identity in an online chat. Most of the times identity is really deceiving
These simple Dos and Don'ts will help in securing you and your life